Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Lord opens the door...Again!

We serve an amazing God!

As many of you know, I am still employed at a major company that has sent me on 3 trips to the Philippines in the past. God has used these trips to show me the need for the gospel there and the amazing open doors that are just waiting on labourers. He has used these trips to direct our paths to serve Him as missionaries in this country and also allowed these weeks over there to establish great relationships with families that have become dear friends and mentors.


With deputation just about to start - (our first missions conference just over a month away) and the anticipation of leaving the company in the not so distant future, I thought my free missions trips were over... Not so fast!

I was told last friday that there is a window for me to go back for training for 2 weeks starting March 1st - praise the Lord! Just today I had permisision to book the trip and begin preparations. The timing really is outstanding o go back one more time before getting into the upcoming meeting schedule. My heart has desired to get back there since I returned last February - it is amazing to think that this is the 4th consecutive year that I will be able to spend 2 weeks in the land of our calling with the provision coming totally of God!


My line of work is in call centers and so those I train work overnight shifts since they support US customers - this allows for me to work at night and minister by day. God has supernaturally helped me on the 3 previous trips with very little sleep and has always been so good to my family while I am gone. I do not take this for granted and know that the prayers of my brothers and sisters have been a major reason in God showing His mercy in these areas - so I am asking again.


We would appreciate your prayer that God would be glorified, my work would be better than the company would even expect, that the doors to minister will be open, that my family would enjoy good health and peace while I am away and that God would teach me more about Him and His plan for us in this country.

As the Lord allows I will update the blog and hopefully add some pictures when I can. Your prayer is greatly appreciated. I will leave March 1 and return on the 17th.

For the glory of His name,

aaron

2 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

What a God we serve! Praise the Lord!!

Victoria said...

I know it shouldn't surprise us when God does such great things - but, WOW!!! May the Lord bless you, your trip, and your family!