Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blessing from inconvenience

Praise the Lord that we were able to obtain a trailer this past month. In picking it up, it became obvious that the truck was sagging in the back from the weight of the trailer. The suggestion was to go to a spring shop and have the back end built up with helper leaves. So I took it in with the trailer attached so they could see what it needed and help line up the hitch and trailer as well. This was unexpected but necessary to ensure safety in travel. So friday I got the call that they were finished and that I could pick it up, I asked when they closed so I could leave work early enough. My coworker took me over 40 minutes before closing time (after I had said I would be there that afternoon) and the place was completely locked up. I looked all over and no sign of people. The truck and trailer sure enough were locked up all weekend. We are grateful that we didn't need the trailer. Well, monday rolled around and we were in the midst of a great missions conference. It is near Syracuse so we have been driving back and forth so I can work by day. I called the place and they apologized and said they would knock $75 of the price. It is not worth arguing about the price when God holds a hearts of people in His hands. By the time I got to the shop the man said the owner heard what happened and how I was left for the weekend without the vehicles. He decided instead of a $75 discount to instead do the whole job for free. We praise the Lord for this blessing and the savings helped defray the cost of the light truck tires we needed to put on and the a/c that had a leak. All glory to the Lord!

No comments: