Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to my wife


I praise the Lord for giving me a wonderful wife to serve the Lord beside. Stephanie is softspoken and not one to speak in public or dominate a conversation, she is meek and quiet in spirit and I am very grateful for this. Sometimes the busyness of life and ministry will keep us from having a daily conversation about our quiet time etc but then I will see her journal opened up next to her Bible in one of her favorite spots to sit and read and get such a blessing as I read the testimony of how God is working. She has a way of expressing on paper her heart and walk with God in a beautiful way. She is a tremendous mother to the girls and I know of no better example for them to model after as they grow up. My wife may not play a piano, sing solos or have two college degrees but the Lord has gifted her as a wonderful helpmate, mother and friend. She is sincere in her love for God and ready to take part in bringing the gospel to the Philippines. She has stood by me, encouraged me and prayed for me for many years now, her faithfulness and consistency are treasured. I am just as glad that the fashions of the day, the vanity of this present world and culture and the accepted behaviors of this modern era do not move her, she is a standardbearer and example to the next generation of Christian ladies. It is not favor or beauty that move her but the fear of the Lord, and for that her husband praises her.


I remember Thanksgiving of 2006, I was in Manila and I had spent the entire day with two missionary families - the Avery family and Bro. Paul Perkins who is now my Pastor in Ocean Springs, MS. We had a great day of fellowship and food. We played basketball at the foot of a mountain in the tropical heat and I really overdid it. I had to go to work that night to train a large group of agents for 8 hours. I was taken back to the hotel with only about two hours before I had to leave for work. I got cleaned up and then laid down, knowing it would not be good after having not slept in probably 30 hours to try to rest for one... I was right, when I got up I was feeling quite exhausted and ill. I closed my eyes in the taxi for the 30 minute ride to the call center and then upon arriving the first thing I did was call my wife. I let her know how foolish I had been to play ball and that I was suffering the effects of a lack of sleep and dehydration. Here is why I wrote all this, because my wife did not question what I had done and the lack of wisdom behind it, what she did was said that she loved me and that they would start praying for me immediately. I praise the Lord that He answered those prayers and within an hour of that call I was feeling much better and was able to perform my responsibility to my employer. It is good to know that my wife has access to the Lord of Glory!
Pro 31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
Pro 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
Pro 31:12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
Pro 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
Pro 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Pro 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

No comments: