Sunday, March 2, 2008

Arrived safe. Decision made thanks to DL Moody

Thanks for praying, I am in Manila and have talked to my wonderful wife since arriving. Wasnt there cute little girls about my kids ages on every plane I flew today to remind me how much I miss my four daughters... well, praise the Lord, they are doing fine.

Tommorrow (should i say today - it is 4am right now) I have the choice of preaching in jail or meeting the president of the Philippines ... really.

She (Gloria Arroyo) will be at a dedication for the new building that our company works with here in the Philippines. It will be a quick handshake and hand a plaque to someone before taking off but I thought it was neat that the opportunity is there to go if I want.

First, let me be clear that this is by no means a requirement or even a recommendation by my company for me to be present - if they thought it would better our relationship or company name then I would be there but if I attend it would simply be as an observer and no more.

Instead I can go to prison and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'll be very honest, I was leaning toward the president as it is such a rare opportunity but then I remembered an account I heard (have not verified its legitimacy) of DL Moody walking with a US president when he saw a man on the street, wallowing in the gutter. DL Moody walked away from the president and went over and got down next to him and pleaded with him to come to Christ. This is no comparison at all and I couldnt tie DL Moody's shoe... it was just that story that helped me refocus and decide that the smelly prison is where the Lord would rather I be. Pray that the Lord will bless the decision and that souls may be saved

1Th 2:4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.

For His Glory
aaron

1 comment:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

It is reasons like this that I love you and am thankful for your example!