Sunday, December 28, 2008

Trip update ! - Arrived Safely

Magandang Umaga - that's good morning and since it is 1:48am I guess that works. I just got in not long ago, called my wife and girls on Skype and not am headed for some rest. The trip was long which is to be expected but this was the longest. Showed up at Roch airport at 4:15 in hopes of catching the 6am or 7am flight to Chicago (booked for 10am). 6 was questionable but when calling friday night, 7 was a done deal...until United substituted a much smaller plane because of difficulties and three ticketholders ended up not getting on...
So I go at 10am which did not take off on time and got to Chicago in time to to the big guy making a mad dash across a really big airport routine. I get to the gate and it says the flight is delayed until 12:50 (about 40 min late). Now if the flight status board I looked when I got off my plane at first said that I wouldnt have been running but that's ok I needed to stretch my legs.
So we board to Chicago. (Let me stop here and count my blessings - I am now in my hotel in Manila safe and I sat in an exit row seat all the way!) In Chicago we have a 747 full to the brim of people and find repairmen on it. It took them about an hour to get their work done on the PA system before we could take off. But then it was raining very hard and we found out that everyone was using the same runway and we were 20th in the queue! So we took off about 2.5 hours later than we were supposed to for Hong Kong - we spent more than 18hours on the plane when all was said and done - good times! By the time we got to Hong Kong - yep, I missed the connection to manila. However, a nice man was at the gate and had already worked out for me and another man going to manila to catch a later flight and assured us that our luggage would be moved to the new plane. Well, we made it to Manila but not our luggage.
So, as I lay my head for some highly anticipated sleep, I ask for you to praise God for getting me here safely, having his hand on my family and pray that my luggage would arrive. I checked 2 bags - one is clothes, my big Bible, etc and the other is filled with 300 Christmas ornaments with Tagalog scripture on them, close to 1000 tracts in tagalog and about 500+ gospel bracelets donated by Little Red Book. I pray these arrive early tomorrow. Lord bless and thanks for praying.
Bro Aaron

No comments: