Monday, January 5, 2009

Back in Manila

Spent the weekend on a survey trip to Baguio as well as San Fernando La Union. From the breathtaking mountains and winding roads of Baguio to the rapidly growing ocean side city of San Fernando, there is a tremendous amount of natural beauty that is being inhabited by souls taken captive in the bondage of false religion. While I have much to write, I have little time. It was a good time of fellowship with my friends that accompanied me and new contacts were established there. It was a privilege to preach at Victory Baptist Church on Sunday and I learned a tremendous amount about the region in the short visit before returning for work. Without expounding, I praise the Lord for the many things He has given me to seek him about concerning the work He is directing us toward. There are so many souls. Pray the Lord would get us here just as early as He would see fit. More detail on these cities, existing works, needs etc to come. Thanks for your prayer for safety and a productive trip, it accomplished that and more. I also rejoice that upon my return I heard of a dear sister reaching out and being a great encouragement to my wife while I was there and unable to contact her. So many of our friends have been so supportive and it has been wonderful to see how God has touched their hearts about different aspects of encouragement - a burden for the street kids we have been with, an encouragement to my wife, those that are ready to lend a helping hand, those who have contributed helpful witnessing tools and of course so many praying. The Lord has blessed us far beyond our expectation! As this week will include street work, prison, church and more, pray that the Lord will continue to strengthen me, that souls would be impacted and He would be glorified.

No comments: